Remote 100’s Thoughts, musings, and ruminations.
Ever dream of having a job that allows you to travel the world while you work from some exotic beach or cozy café? Thanks to a few software tools and apps, working remotely while traveling is a more realistic option than you might think for nearly any career.
I routinely travel the world while working full-time and have committed a lot of trial and error to perfecting the art of being productive abroad. I now see very few limitations to where I spend my time and routinely work from places as remote as Mozambique, as distracting as Istanbul, or as noisy as a local pub in Ireland. I have tried hundreds of tools in order to determine my vagabonding business essentials that make this lifestyle possible. The core list includes:
- Join.me: Augment the need to meet in-person by making it incredibly easy to share your computer screen with others. By having someone simply click a link, you can collaborate on files, give product demos, or deliver a presentation.
- Speek: Easily initiate a free conference call from anywhere in the world. You can join directly from your computer and call out to any phone number you want. The visual interface also makes it easy to share files or a join.me link.
- Zirtual: Free up more time to travel by outsourcing as many tasks as possible to a virtual assistant. You will be surprised how much they can accomplish for you.
- Yesware: Instead of wasting so much time on emails, create pre-populated templates within Yesware. You will save a lot of wasted time on email and have the added benefits of being able to track all your emails better.
- CityMaps2Go: Download offline maps for nearly any city or country. You can track where you are by satellite without needing a data or W-iFi connection. Quickly find where you need to go, mark important places and search for nearby internet cafés whenever you need to get connected.
- iPhone (unlocked): Buy local SIM cards wherever you go to access your email and avoid international roaming charges. Your carrier will unlock it if you give them a good reason and push hard enough. Make sure it is set up to be a hotspot too.
- myCharge Amp 6000
- HostelWorld: Search only for hotels and hostels that have a reliable Wi-Fi connection – something you can’t take for granted if you work remotely while traveling in the developing world.
Make sure you have access to Wi-Fi and that your lifestyle does not burden the people you work with – which will threaten people’s desire to work with your situation. Then, quit daydreaming about seeing the world and go do it by working remotely while traveling. You don’t have to quit your job and you won’t regret it.
article source: http://worldventureproject.com/working-remotely-while-traveling/